In light of the current outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), we would like to provide some insight as to the impact we are seeing, as well as an overview of the precautions we are taking to ensure our ability to provide the highest levels of service as we prepare to limit our employees’ potential exposure.
At this point in time, we have not seen any significant change in domestic, over the road, shipping patterns. Volumes have remained relatively consistent, and capacity remains generally available.
In terms of Echo’s preparedness to continue to provide a high level of service, we have a Business Continuity Plan that includes system redundancies and employee remote work plans. We are prepared to carry out this plan as required, in part or in full, and anticipate no disruptions in operations or service levels throughout this situation.
In addition, we have implemented the following precautions to protect our employees, clients, carriers, and any other service providers from potential exposure to the coronavirus:
- We are actively monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and local public health departments for recommendations and best practices.
- We have implemented travel restrictions on all non-critical domestic travel, and fully restricted international travel.
- At this time, we know of no employees who have tested positive for the virus. In the event any employee or third party tests positive for the virus, has been directly exposed to a person who has tested positive, or has traveled to a CDC designated hot zone, the individual must be quarantined for 14 days prior to access to our facilities.
- We have limited the size of internal meetings and require remote access to be provided to all participants.
- We have worked with building management in all of our facilities to increase cleaning and disinfection activities.
We will continue to monitor the development of this situation. Rest assured we will implement best practices to control the potential outbreak for our employees and guests visiting our facilities. If you have any specific questions or concerns regarding your transportation needs, feel free to reach out to your account team or Echo’s main number at 1-800-354-7993 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued trust in Echo. We remain committed to serving your transportation management needs.