If you are a California resident, please click here for additional information concerning the privacy of your personal information.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The information we learn from users of Echo.com allows us to personalize and continually improve the total experience at Echo.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our site or give us in any other way. Information that we collect can include: items searched for; names and addresses; e-mail addresses; searching patterns; any reviews submitted and accompanying information; credit card information; and financial information, including accounts at financial institutions. This list is not exclusive and may be altered without notice based on information that you supply.
We may also use Google Ads, an online advertising service provided by Google, to serve ads on our behalf across the internet and sometimes on the Site. Google uses your internet searches, cookies, and similar identifiers (e.g., pixel tags) to collect anonymous information about your visits to the Site to generate targeted advertisements to you on other websites that you visit across the internet. To opt out of advertising provided through Google, to customize your ad preferences, or to limit Google’s collection or use this information, visit Google’s Ad Settings (https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads) and follow Google’s personalized ad opt-out instructions. Opting out will not affect your use of the Site.
Other information on opt-outs for targeted advertisement delivery is available below. Please note that we make no representations regarding the functionality of Google opt-out mechanisms, and further, opting out of Google Analytics will not preclude the use of your data by other analytics services. For more information about Cookies, including how to see what Cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org, or you may find further information on how to disable cookies or manage your cookie settings for the browser that you use from the browser provider.
The major browsers have attempted to implement the draft “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”) in their latest releases. As this standard has not been finalized, Echo’s site is not compatible with DNT.
- E-mail Communications: We collect your contact information to conduct marketing activities. We may communicate and make special offers available via e-mail. To help us make e-mails more useful, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Echo.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We often receive e-mail lists from other companies who offer similar services to ours. To avoid sending duplicate e-mails to our clients, we compare our client list to lists received from other companies. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your e-mail contact preferences. We will retain your email address until it is no longer needed to remember and action your stated marketing preferences.
- Information from Other Sources: From time to time, we receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
The information that we collect about our clients is an important part of our business. Echo considers “personal information” to be any information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular user or device (“personal information”).We respect and value this information, and we do not want to jeopardize the flow of information between our clients and the site. There are circumstances where we do share some client information, and this is outlined immediately below.
- Disclosure Regarding Service Providers: Echo may contract with service providers to provide or perform services on our behalf, such as hosting this site and product review pages, sending out information or promotional offers that may be of interest to you (e.g., via e-mail, direct mail, or on mobile devices), processing credit card payments, and analyzing this site. We provide these service providers with only those elements of your personal information they need to deliver those services. These service providers and their employees are prohibited from using the personal information we disclose to them for any purposes other than purposes for which we disclose it to them.
Securing your personal information is important to us. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet, and there is always a risk in transmitting information electronically. The personal information we collect is stored within databases that we control directly or through our service providers. To protect your information, we use security measures, such as firewalls and encryption technology, consistent with industry standards. Since no security system is impenetrable, we can not guarantee nor ensure neither the security of our databases nor that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Of course, any information you post to any message board, discussion group, or other public posting area on this site is available to anyone with Internet access.
If you create an account on Echo.com, you may be asked to choose a password for your account, in which case your online account information shall be protected by your password. We recommend that you do not disclose your password to any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account.
USER ACCESS TO INFORMATION
When you access your account, there is a variety of information that you may see. This is designed to allow you to update any changed information and view the information that you entered previously. This information is sensitive, and it is necessary to both protect this information and keep it current in order to have the best experience at our site.
USER CHOICES WITH REGARD TO ACCESS OF INFORMATION
You have the right to refrain from providing any information. This may have an impact on use of the site and on the ease of taking advantage of certain unique features of the site.
- Prior Information: You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the “User Access to Information” section above. When you update information, we may keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- Cookie Choices: The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, affecting the acceptance of cookies means that you will not be able to use certain important features of our site.
If you do not want Echo to disclose personal information about you to its affiliates or advertising agencies, you may opt out of such disclosure. However, while you may opt out of ads, Echo may still disclose your personal information to service providers performing services on Echo’s behalf, or as permitted or required by law and as set forth below. Disclosures that are permitted by law include, but are not limited to, sharing personal information with service providers about transactions or experiences or as may be required to provide you with the products you have requested.
Our site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this site or through any of its features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please click here for additional information concerning the privacy of your personal information.
CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES AND REVISIONS
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Echo will retain your personal information for as long as required to provide the services or complete the transactions for which your personal information was collected. Echo will also retain data for as long as legally required or allowed to do so for compliance obligations, dispute resolutions, and by the schedule in the Echo Record Retention Policy.
EXAMPLES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
Information is collected from you when you do any of the following activities: search, buy, bid, post a review or opinion, participate in a questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you: search, update information in your account settings, call or e-mail customer service, submit a review, participate in a discussion or chat, provide employer information when opening a corporate account, specify a date reminder, and employ other notification services. As a result of any of the above actions, it is possible that you will supply us with such information as: your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; content of reviews and e-mails to us; and financial information.
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
Occasionally, we supplement the information that we receive with information from other sources and companies. Examples of information we receive from other sources include: search term and search result information from searches conducted through the web-search features; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some clients.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, OR REQUESTS
Last Reviewed on: May 31, 2023